There are a number of historical documents that provide insight into the S.C. Promise Zone. In this section, you can find various metrics, including statistics and data, related to several indicators ranging from unemployment to poverty to educational attainment.
- Baseline Evaluation Update: This report is an update of the Baseline Evaluation, a series that offers insights for evaluation of dynamics at work in the South Carolina Lowcountry Promise Zone. It compares 2015 data to baseline data from 2014 to highlight progress in the region.
- Baseline evaluation: In 2016, a report was prepared to offer an array of baseline metrics to be used in coming years to understand what happens in the Promise Zone. For purposes of this report, the baseline year was considered 2014. In coming years, the report will be updated to reflect new data as they become available
- 2014 Promise Zone demographics: This page summarizes the data used to make the application for the Promise Zone. Please note: The numbers have changed since the application in 2014, particularly in relation to unemployment, which has dropped in the Promise Zone and across the state.
- 2015 Fact Sheet: This fact sheet from the U.S. Department of Agriculture summarizes some Promise Zone metrics when the designation was awarded in April 2015. Note: Some of the numbers in this sheet are taken from the 2014 application.
- Community Technology Action Plan: The purpose of this document is to summarize the results of a community technology assessment for the Lowcountry Promise Zone and to provide the next steps for addressing any deficiencies or opportunities for improving the local technology ecosystem in order to advance economic, social, and educational opportunities for families, businesses, and institutions in the community.
- South Carolina Lowcountry Promise Zone Connected Community: This PowerPoint Presentation gives an overview of the planning program to facilitate the expansion of broadband access, adoption, and use in the SC Promise Zone Community.